image for Safehouse Transitions page

Need some help getting ready to live on your own?

If you are:

  • 18-20 years old &
  • have been in government care (foster care or income assistance) &
  • call Vancouver home

we have a Youth Transitions Worker who can support you as you move towards independent living. Her name is Holly Mikesh and you can reach her at 604-338-9914 or She’s part of the Safehouse Youth Transitions Program.

You don’t have to be staying at Directions Safehouse to get help. Holly can meet you at another location.

We can help you with:

  • Getting ID
  • Applying for Income Assistance (IA) or Persons with Disability (PWD)
  • Getting health care (physical, mental, and/or sexual health)
  • Developing life skills related to well-being and housing
  • Getting drug & alcohol counselling/treatment
  • Finding housing and/or furniture
  • Dealing with legal issues
  • Building connections to your community and healthy relationships
Contact us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search